ATEX PTT’s and Microphones
ATEX PTTs (Push-to-Talk) are communication devices designed, manufactured, and certified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, where flammable gases, mists, vapors, or combustible dusts may be present. These devices must comply with the strict safety requirements specified in the ATEX Directives (2014/34/EU and 1999/92/EC) to ensure they do not become an ignition source in hazardous environments. ATEX PTT devices enable users to communicate instantly with one or more individuals by pressing and holding a button while speaking. They are often used with ATEX-certified headsets or radios for hands-free, two-way communication in potentially explosive atmospheres.
Jatronic ATEX Gooseneck Mic and Foot Pedal Switch
A-KABEL ATEX PTT Switch£329.82 (incl. VAT)
A-KABEL Waterproof ATEX PTT Switch£345.00 (incl. VAT)
Jatronic ATEX PTT AB12£489.90 (incl. VAT)
Savox C-C440Ex Com-Control / PTT Switch£422.40 – £519.60 (incl. VAT)
Savox C-C550Ex RSM / PTT£525.60 – £566.40 (incl. VAT)
Motorola PMLN6047 ATEX Audio Adapter With Molex Jack£228.00 (incl. VAT)
A-KABEL Waterproof PTT Switch£336.72 – £345.00 (incl. VAT)
Features ATEX PTT devices may include:
- Intrinsically safe design: ATEX PTTs are designed to prevent the release of enough electrical or thermal energy to cause ignition of the surrounding explosive atmosphere.
- Explosion-proof housing: ATEX PTTs’ components are enclosed in specially designed housings that can withstand the pressure generated during an internal explosion without rupturing.
- Rugged construction: These devices are built with materials that can withstand the harsh conditions of hazardous environments, ensuring durability and long-lasting performance.
- Compatibility: ATEX PTT devices should be compatible with other ATEX-certified communication equipment and protective systems used in the workplace, such as headsets, radios, or mobile phones.
- User-friendly design: ATEX PTTs typically feature ergonomic designs and large, easy-to-press buttons to facilitate use even while wearing gloves or other protective equipment.
Get In Touch
Talking Headsets Ltd are distributors of world leading ATEX products, to find out more please get in touch and a member of our team will be in touch.